Thursday, October 13, 2011

More Running and a Hopefully Short Rest

I finished up the week of Sept. 26th with two more days of running the Week 3 times of C25k. On Oct. 3rd and 5th I did the Week 3 plan again and on Friday the 7th I attempted Week 4 and failed.
 So I went out Friday night with friends and rested Saturday so I could get up early on Sunday and try Week 4 again. Sunday I was at the park to run a little before 8am and had a nice cool 45F temperature to deal with. I ended up completing each timed run and feeling like I've got this program figured out, all I have to do is keep progressing.

Monday night I scheduled out my remaining weeks of the program with no repeats. My thinking is if I can get past Week 5 I'll be set and the rest shouldn't be that hard like I see everyone stating on forums. Tuesday night comes along and my right knee is still a little swollen and my legs sore. Having gone through an injury that kept me out for almost 3 months already I decided it's best to take a few days off and come back when I'm feeling better.

I'm hoping Friday night or a morning this weekend I can try again with Week 4 or an earlier week's times to see how my legs are feeling and get back on to a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment